Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Title: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Release Date: August 5, 2014

Publisher: Atria Books

Pages: 337

Received: Bought

Star Rating: ★ ★ ★  

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.
Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.
They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.
Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly. [goodreads]

My Thoughts:


This is going to be a fairly short review due to my lack of writing reviews for old books I've read. But I'm not going to deny my love for this book. At the time, this was my first Colleen Hoover book. And it wasn't my last. Ugly Love is mostly for mature audiences due to the sexual content and language. 

The story was wildly interesting and I enjoyed the quality of this short book. I'm trying to retrace my memories and I really enjoyed Tate as a main character. She didn't leave me bored and perplexed. Tate had a realistic aspect and she was a real person. 

The plot was detailed and elaborate. The characters had interesting back stories. Every relationship has its problems and the story followed a cliche one. But Ugly Love took these stereotypes and achieved the audience becoming invested in the characters and plot. In the beginning of the story, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. This love felt like an ongoing contraction. For such ugly love, I agree it didn't feel exactly healthy. But everything resolved and Colleen Hoover delivered her best.

I apologize for the vagueness, but if you have a change to pick up Ugly Love or any other Colleen Hoover novel, take that chance.

5/5 STARS







































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik