Saturday, April 11, 2015

Confess by Colleen Hoover

Title: Confess

Release Date: March 10, 2015

Publisher: Atria Books

Pages: 320

Received: Bought (eBook)

Star Rating: ★ ★ ★  

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.
The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin… [goodreads]


My Thoughts:


The moment I heard Colleen Hoover was writing a new novel, it was an automatic buy for me. I've grown to her writing and her characters. This concept really drew me into the novel. And all the confessions are true to word. I really enjoyed this one, but not as much as her previous works. The art throughout the novel really binds the whole story and creates a vision. 

I almost forgot to mention the book cover. At a distance, I couldn't see the girl's face in the paint. But it's seriously beautiful and I need to own it. I'm going to change things up at talk about the ending. (No Spoilers). It really made sense once you make it to the last page. And those "Oh my God" moments. (If you read the book, you'll get it). 

What I really couldn't bear was Trey and Owen(in the beginning). I can't speak much for Trey, but he's a seriously obnoxious. I grew to Owen's character, once I've learned more about it. Towards the beginning, Owen's character felt a little too good to be true. But the last scene, really wrapped up the entire story and makes me think of all possible outcomes in life.

Fate became a big part of Confess. Owen brings it up in the beginning and in the last scene, it's brought up again. I think believing in fate is one of those magical things that comes out of curiosity. Also, having first and second chances comes into play. Colleen weaved the cliche bits of a relationship and she made a bigger picture for it. 

Confess reminds me what's it like to put my family before my needs. It's a terrible feeling, especially when it interferes with your happiness. I'm looking forward to Colleen Hoover's works in the future.

4/5 STARS 













































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik