Thursday, June 25, 2015

P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Title: P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Release Date: May 26, 2015

Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Pages: 337

Received: Purchased

Star Rating: ★ ★ ★ ½ 

 
Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? [goodreads]


My Thoughts


This review may be a little late, but that doesn't lessen my memory of it. I read this all on the same release night and it was a pleasing sequel! I still can't believe it has already been a year since the release of Jenny's first novel in the duology. I even wrote a very outdated review here. I love how the setting was the same, but it felt heated and different. 

(spoilers)

Lara Jean is such an intricate teen character and she has a broader understanding than some. In the first book, she fell for Peter Kavinsky! Peter K is my love, but in this novel he didn't exactly kept up with his previous appearances. He puts Genevieve first before Lara Jean and even showing a little empathy for Lara and the situation she's in must be unbearable. It was so frustrating whenever Lara lead with one jealous and doubtful thought, and it lead to something darker. 

There was large character growth in Lara Jean's character! There was some obvious development, like she constantly says she isn't good enough or not pretty and what not. But she learned that she IS enough and she should stop comparing herself to everyone. This novel was also very feminist and Jenny Han was right on the dot!

I also enjoyed the newish character John Mcclaren. He was so cute and smart...typical. And of course Lara Jean was between him and Peter. There was a scene near the end where it's Lara Jean's birthday and John is there and Peter comes. It's so heart wrenching to see these characters that have no bodies but are full of personality. Okay also, when Peter took back Lara Jean's necklace after their break up...I was frustrated with my golden boy. But he gave it back, which was terrible, but whatever.

Anyways, as you can see I really did love this book and the way it ended. Love is not a constant and Lara Jean is constantly learning. "To have it all, you have to risk it all", this quote really just shook me in a way that love makes people crazy. I'm super excited for what else Jenny Han has in the works.

5/5 STARS





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik