Monday, July 6, 2015

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Title: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Release Date: October 15, 2012

Publisher: Harper Collins

Pages: 189

Received: eBook

Star Rating: ★ ★ ★  

 
Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier. [goodreads]

My Thoughts


I'm not sure what brought be to pick this one up because the plot sounded similar to Slammed by Colleen Hoover. But anyways I read it and it was mediocre. I'm trying to remember what I didn't love about it, but I'm pretty sure I was suffering with second hand embarrassment. She attempts to sleep with the guy from the bar reading Shakespeare, but she left him probably because of nerves. Also, he lives a few steps away from her, so coincidental. 

Bliss is a very cautious and somewhat shy character. I was going to originally say she was insecure, but hey she's in THEATER. Like every stereotype, aren't drama kids outgoing and improv anywhere they go? Well, she is a very educated person about Shakespeare because words of Hamlet and Macbeth are throughout. 

The guy, Garrick, is of course british and literary. Believe me, some people have kinks for student-teacher esc relationships and this one was handled surprisingly well. Okay, it was inappropriate and immature sometimes but school is for education. 

All in all, Losing it, kept me gripped, but the actions or words that the characters tell just lost my interest. It was also short, so if you ever feel like this little kink, it won't last very long.

3/5 STARS















































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik