Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness

Title: The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness

Release Date: September 8, 2009

Publisher: Walker Books

Pages: 517

Received: Bought

Star Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Fleeing before a relentless army, Todd has carried a desperately wounded Viola right into the hands of their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss.
Immediately separated from Viola and imprisoned, Todd is forced to learn the ways of the Mayor's new order.
But what secrets are hiding just outside of town?
And where is Viola? Is she even still alive?
And who are the mysterious Answer?
And then, one day, the bombs begin to explode... [goodreads]


My Thoughts


This review contains spoilers for the previous novel in the trilogy The Knife of Never Letting Go.

I honestly do not know where to start on this review. The only thing I can think of is *insert whole book here* Now read it, please. I think this is a series lots of people are like "I'll read it eventually". And I was one of them. but wake up America. It is time. It is action packed and love interests exist, but it isn't the main focus. Yes, love is everywhere and it always has its own power. The main characters Viola and Todd, are not only fighting a war, but I see it as justice for the people they have come to meet.

I was kind of hesitant of duo perspectives this time around because I love Viola and Todd and it doesn't have anything to do with the characters. I just confuse myself between ANY 2+ perspectives. But there is a very broad line between the characters and it never confused me. But sometimes either story line became tedious. 

But Patrick Ness knows how to condense all climax into the end and leave the reader in aw of the whole story. The beginning kept me on and off because other things interest me. But once you decide to put time into reading and pushing yourself to read more and more, especially if it's this book, you'll thank yourself. 

I really enjoyed where this plot direction is going, but kind of like "What's going to happen now"? I can usually predict what happens in the middle of the book, but the ending opens more doors to "What could happen"? I really love these type of books because it supports the idea that there is more out there. Well, until I read the final book in the trilogy, I like to keep my characters alive.

Sometimes I can't believe what these characters do and THINK. Todd is a very overthinking character (I am too) but I try to control it. Anyways, I'll have to end this short. I'm going to pick up the final book, and I actually read a spoiler online...A MASSIVE SPOILER. I can't blame the person because these books have been out for quite some time now. It's like saying "Tag your Harry Potter spoilers". Well, Patrick Ness will never cease to amaze me.

4.5/5 STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik